Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Greetings

This is a blog about perfume and related issues. Sometimes the relation will be very distant. Sometimes it will exist only in my imagination. My only qualification for starting this blog is my love (some would say obsession) for perfumes. I am also an avid reader and lover of art, movies, music…you name it. Again, I am not an expert in any of these fields; I just have diverse and eclectic tastes. I would love to hear from you, so please do not hesitate to comment.

In the course of the next five days I am going to talk about my favorite books in relation to some of the perfumes I love. These are not books about fragrances; they probably don’t even mention perfumes. The idea was to imagine what each book would be like as a perfume; what existing perfume would fit the image or rather the “feel” of each book.

First, Bonjour Tristesse by Francoise Sagan and Un Zest de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine.

3 Comments:

Blogger NewKidOnTheBlog said...

Interesting concept. Good thing you're not into Bukowski then. I look forward to reading your blog. Good luck with it!

Paul

10:58 PM EDT  
Blogger katiedid said...

Oh YAY! Another, another! And what a name - to the point, but just a bit silly enough :)

Well, I need to get off the freaking computer and get myself to a library: I've never even heard of that author, let alone the title. Sheesh. And here I am pretending I'm nearly literate.

4:53 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Hi K! I am so glad it's yay and not , "oh no, not another one" :-)

BTW, Make Your Own Dolph Lundgren Movie site was a great hit in this house...Love it.

5:04 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home