Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, November 30, 2006

“Perfume: The Story of a Murderer” and Thierry Mugler “Perfume” Collection Coffret Sweepstakes.

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer is coming to the theaters near you. Personally, I am extremely excited. I have read the book as a child (bad idea!) and was sickened and did not really appreciate the olfactory "images" "painted" by Suskind. Re-reading it now, through a lense of my perfume obsession, I, of course, react in an entirely different way. I am enthralled.

Perfume is a story of murder and obsession set in 18th-century France. Jean-Baptiste Grenouille has used his unique talent for discerning the scents and smells that swirl around him to create the world’s finest perfumes, but his talent masks his burden. An orphan from birth, Grenouille has always felt alone in the world and different from any other person. Determined to connect with others, Grenouille tries to capture the irresistible but elusive aroma of young womanhood, traveling far and delving deeper into the intricate science of perfume-making. As he becomes increasingly – and recklessly – passionate about his art, his obsession to create the world’s most powerful fragrance takes a deadly turn. (From a press release by Paramount Pictures)

As you know, Thierry Mugler came up with an "olfactory interpretation" of the book. The Limited Edition Thierry Mugler “Perfume” Collection Coffret presents the 15 essences (created by perfumer Christophe Laudamiel), which capture and bring to life key moments and atmospheres from the book and film. On the official site for Perfume, there is a sweepstakes for the grand prize of a Collector’s Perfume Coffret from Mugler.

For more information on the film and to enter the sweepstakes, please visit PerfumeMovie.com

18 Comments:

Blogger elle said...

Sigh. Deeper sigh. *Want* that coffret. Entered the sweepstakes. Figure my chances of winning are about as good as my chances of becoming the next Madame Roucel (let's just say that DH has little to worry about).

8:47 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
Chances of winning the coffret are probably much worse than wedding MR :-) They are probably as good as those of Lanvin re-issuing Scandal and not, you know, un-scandalizing it :-) Or for Lancome re-releasing Cuir in its original, spectacularly brutal form. *sigh*

Keeping it on topic of Coffret though...have you tried Human Existence? It puts the previously skankiest perfumes like CB Musk and MKK to absolute and utter shame. :-)

Spooky...word verifaction for my comment is ...ffoul! I guess it smelled Human Existence too. :-)

8:55 AM EST  
Blogger elle said...

No, haven't sniffed that one. It sounds like it might actually be too skanky for my skank loving soul. Scary thought!
How funny about the ffoul! :-) Those word verifications can really be wierd sometimes. When I commented on Mr. PST's blog for his last post, the word verification was TV something or another.

9:41 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
It's so realisting, it could be a Demeter kind of scent for Body Odors. :-)

9:45 AM EST  
Blogger lilybp said...

Waaaah! I haven't tried any of the coffret! Want! Need!! DH does not understand and is, I am sure, currently shopping for a more reasonable (and more reasonably priced) present.

9:51 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

J,
I know! I didn't even dare to mention it...and the price. he'd have a heart attack, for sure :-)

9:59 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Colombina,
if i win i will give it to you.
i 'am not a perfume collector.
I may get lucky!!!!

1:04 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Anna,
I hope you do win! And when you do, you will fall in love with it.

3:08 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Patty,
You are trisky. This is my preciousssssss...My heart greatly desires it.

3:09 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Funny I just saw this at the exhibit of perfume bottles "Fashion Makes Scents" http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20061127-9999-1c27museum.html

Skankier than MKK OR CB Musk?

Got to try that!

4:42 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny, M, I could *swear* I posted a comment on your today's post a couple of hours ago but it seems to have dissappeared :-/
anyway, I saw the film a couple of weeks ago and I loved it. I read the book for at least 5 times in the past few years (I'm a fan, can you tell? ;))and I was afraid that the film would be unable to capture the mysterious feel of the book, not to mention all the olfactory sensations. but it is really well done (only one little detail bothered me because it wasn't true to the book but I won't tell what it was.)
as for the coffret, I'm sure it must be an amazing experience. and I will continue to dream...
;)

4:50 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Tom,
Great article...excpet for the recommendations..if you are looking for love, if you are a businessman...Pfui! Well what if you are a businessman looking for love, what then? :-)

5:06 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Tina,
I can't wait to see the movie! The trailer and the little snippets I saw look fantastic.

5:07 PM EST  
Blogger elle said...

Tom, thanks for posting the link to that article. Fascinating. Do you know how many bottles she has? But I can't believe she was wearing Addict. Would *love* to visit that museum! They'd need very high security if I did.

6:21 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

I don't know how many she has, but there has to be thousands. The ones at the show were myriad- but a lot of them weren't interesting: sort of like being in a purfume discounter, but you can't play with them.

9:25 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking furward to see this film.

12:20 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Sadie,
Me too!

12:44 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it - loved the book, as distubing as it was.

And if I should win the coffret - that would be too much! Which one of the perfumes should be worn to see the film - a scary one or a good one? ;-)

10:39 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home