Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Next week...

...All Aldehydes, All The Time. Five reviews of four scents featuring aldehydic notes are coming up.

Aldehydes are an important group of chemicals derived from natural and synthetic materials. "They help to reproduce the odors of certain plants, provide individual scents of their own, and will enrich and strengthen a fragrance."(Nigel Groom) "Aldehydes add a vivid, quick quality to top notes. variations can be powdery, fruity, green, citrusy, floral or woody." (Jan Moran)
The photo of Ernest Beaux, the Pioneer of Aldehydes, is from parfumeur-createur.com

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how interesting! I think I will enjoy these reviews very much. I look forward to them. Happy Sunday, M!

10:20 AM EDT  
Blogger chayaruchama said...

That will be a fun week !

HELP !
I'm trapped in my own neighborhood- no one can get in, and I can't get out !

This happens every year, and I never get used to it...

The luck of the non-Irish, lol !

Be green, baby.

[Hope you're feeling better...
Want me to send you the cappucino custard pie in the slightly salty butter crust, that's cooling in the fridge ?
You got it.]
MWAH !

1:20 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

M,
I am so glad yo find the topic interesting!

2:10 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

I,
Oh I am sorry! But what happened, how do you mean trapped? Because of the snow? How horrible. Please stay safe and warm!

2:11 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she means because of Irish revellers who've downed too much guiness and whiskey...

I'm scared of aldehydes. Will your posts terrify me even more or be a hand helping me through the dark forest of ignorance?

4:55 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Don't be afraid Dear Lee!
They only sound scary, but are nice, when done right :-)

8:16 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marina, dear Lee, right you are: There is no reason to be frightened. Aldehydes are like diamonds. Not too much (otherwise things start looking cheap, become a show off are look simply vulgar) but a few twinkles here and there are the best you can do to make these flowers shine and the fragrance starts dancing....

11:34 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Andy,
Ow, great comparison! A little too much and diamonds become bling-bling.

11:39 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home