Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Serge Lutens Palais Royal Exclusives at Bergdorf Goodman?

Yesterday I had a pleasure of meeting Tom (who is as handsome and as dryly-humorous as I always imagined him to be) and two wonderful friends from makeupalley (Who totally made my day with their beauty and humor and warmth. "Perfume people" are the best.). According to Tom's account - or rather according to a SA from Bergdorfs- the bell jars are coming to Bergdorf Goodman, exclusively, in November. ALL of them. Right now Bergdorf seems to have testers (?) of Bois Sepia and Bois et Fruits, and the SA kindly made Tom samples of both. According to yet another SA who talked to my makeupalley friends, only TWO exclusives will be coming to Bergdorfs, the aforementioned Bois Sepia and Bois et Fruits, and they will be in the export style, 50ml, bottles. Whether the rest of the line will follow, remains unclear.

The realist in me tends to believe the second version of the events. The perfume-maniac in me wants to believe that soon all of the bell jars will be gracing the shelves at Bergdorf. And yet something else in me is strangely saddened by this turn of events. I don't know why would I rue the -alleged- end of the exclusivity, but I do. It feels like the end of an era. The rumors that Sarrasins and Louve will be Lutens's last creations have been circulating for a while, and now I am starting to really believe them. I would be very excited to be a street and several blocks away from "bell jars"...but I will miss waiting -with excitement, with baited breath- for new Lutens releases.

If you have any more information on the Lutens exclusives at Bergdorf Goodman, please share!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genia:
Thank you, Marisha. As always in a life - "I have two news - good and bad".
I am so inspired that "bell jars" will arrive to States and in the same time I am sad. Is it realy "the end of en era"?

10:22 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Genia,
I guess we'll have to wait and see, but it is so strangely heartbreaking, in a way.

11:36 AM EDT  
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

I would not rue the end of the "exclusive" line at all. But I'd be very sad if Louve & Sarrasins were the end of it all :-(

1:21 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

R,
If those two mark the end of the line, then the end is so anticlimatic somehow :-(

1:48 PM EDT  
Blogger elle said...

OMG. ALL of them?! My beloved Bois scents? ISM? Deep, happy sigh. The realist part of me has been shoved aside and is being ignored by the happy SL loving idealist. And how cool that you got to meet Tom! What a great time you must have had!

3:25 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been hearing the rumors about the end of the Lutens line, but have they been confirmed by any one? I know Lutens is pushing 80, but he might have time to squeeze a few more fragrances out..

I say Sheldrake should buy a house in Morocco, make regular visits to Masjids and pray to Allah, seek inpiration from the souk markets himself, and take over the art direction of the line as well!

4:13 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
I just can't believe that! ALL of them? Seems impossible. :-)

4:19 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Faizan,

I haven't seen an official announcement of any sort anywhere.

4:20 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Marina-

Now that you mention it, he did spritz the juice into the vials, even though the bell jars werer there as a display.

I'm of two minds of this- although I'd love it if I could be assured that I could score whatever from the nice lamky man at Bergdorfs with that charming oh-so-NYC accent, dare I say something would be lost having those bell jars so close?

10:51 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe a new era for Lutens; I saw his makeup recently.
Goodollyhead

8:11 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had heard just the two, so wonder if maybe they'll be doing two a year or something?

Bets have been made already on whether the entire line is coming or just select bottles each year, and I'm still thinking the latter.

8:55 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to bergies on Sunday and almost screamed in excitement when I saw the bell jar of Bois et Fruits. The friend accompanying me seriously thought I was crazy. I was a bit disappointed at how un-informed the SA assigned to the the Serge Lutens display was. I would give anything to smell all of the exclusive line (and also Feminite du Bois)

11:19 AM EDT  
Blogger Bela said...

I have in my possession an email from the manageress of the Salons assuring me that Serge Lutens will not cease creating perfumes (I posted it on MUA the day I received it, a few weeks ago).

Amélie did intimate that something exciting was going to happen soon. I expect B&G's stocking those Exclusives might be it. I will definitely be sorry about it. But then I have access to them.

12:11 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got the new Barney's catalog this afternoon and Chene and Louve are now being carried there...

5:21 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear - if true, this is both bad and good, for al lthe reasons everyone has mentioned. I do sense a disturbance in the Force -oh wait, it's my bank account....

6:07 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my gosh, where the heck was I this weekend? Figures I picked this weekend not to go sniffing and i missed you all! I am also an avenue and several blocks away from BG, and i missed this!?! I have no news, only shock, but now i guess i can splash on the bell jars like crazy. i think i'll start now....

9:32 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home