Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Friday, January 23, 2009

Comme des Garcons 2 Man: Perfume Review

Comme des Garcons 2 Man does not make a perfect gift for a male who always has to be No. 1. Especially the kind that is prone to paranoia reading too much into things. Because he will ask you as if jokingly, so I am Second, am I? And then you will have to explain at length how it is a masculine follow-up to Comme des Garcons 2, and thus 2 MAN, how its incense, spice and leather blend is a perfect match to his tastes and brooding personality, and how he is, of course, your absolute, total, utter No. 1 in each and every way. Just trust me on this and do not give 2 Man to a Type A Personality individual. Give him I Am King instead.

In fact, disregard the fact that 2 Man, with its trademark Mark Buxton resinous darkness, with its spicy sensuality, with its very-bad-boy vibe, smells amazing on that débile of yours, more amazing maybe than even Gucci Pour Homme (and that is saying a lot!)...so amazing that it makes your knees week...disregard that and take away the bottle and use it yourself. Because as gorgeously masculine and forceful 2 Man is, it is absolutely wearable for a woman. The sweet piquancy of saffron and nutmeg is delectable here; the spices are a ray of golden light in the pitch-black abyss of leather and incense. That smoky leather, powerful as it seems at first, actually melts into the skin, becomes the skin...it might quite easily be the sexiest accord in all masculine perfumery. Forget what I said about taking the bottle away. SHARE 2 Man with the No. 1 Man in your life. Sharing perfume is a sensual experience and brings you closer together.

On that Dr. Phil-worthy note...look for 2 Man at Luckyscent, $95.00-$125.00.

Image source, lundlund.com.

Labels: , , , , ,

28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Но подумай: если бы в твоей жизни не было этого débile, кто вдохновлял бы тебя на такие потрясающие статьи? )

10:02 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

"Спасибо ему, что есть он у меня?" :-)

10:04 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Вот именно ) Он твой муз. Муза мужского рода.

10:07 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Музык :-DDD

10:07 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

А может Музон?
Нет, это неправильно звучит:)

10:31 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

А что, очень даже :-) Элегантнее :-)

10:32 PM EST  
Blogger Scott said...

This fragrance is a masterpiece, what I like most about it is the illusion it creates of candles just-snuffed-out. Amazing. Thanks for bringing this one out into the light again.

11:46 PM EST  
Blogger Flora said...

Oh, YUM! I must try this one - for some reason I never thing to try the CdG scents when I have the chance.

12:10 AM EST  
Blogger Ines said...

Dear God! This sounds absolutely fantastic. :-) I can't wait to try it out. And it sounds like I'll be getting a bottle (for myself - he might get a couple of sprays though). ;-)

4:43 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Scott,
Candles just-snuffed-out! That is so very true! Right you are.

7:12 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Donna,
I overlook them as well. As a whole, they seem to be not my thing, but individually- sometimes this kind of energy happens :-)

7:13 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Ines,
Right, if he is lucky and behaves well :-)

7:14 AM EST  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Hee, hee! You are in fine form this morning Ms. M.

And that photo is hilarious.

8:09 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Well thank you, Ms A! :-))

8:17 AM EST  
Blogger Ducks said...

Sounds wow -- I will have to give it a sniff. Love the art you selected for the piece, too. :)

11:14 AM EST  
Blogger elle said...

This truly is an utterly delicious scent. I'm afraid I have no dilemmas over whether or not to share it w/ DH since he continues to obstinately refuse to wear scents, so it's all for *me*! :-) However, if he *did* wear scents, I think that if he thought about it at all (which I sort of doubt he would), he'd probably automatically assume that 2 Man referred to him being *twice* the man that any other man in my life could possibly be. :-) He can on occasion be rather amusingly, childishly, adorably sure of himself.

5:05 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely (for meee...lol)..
Btw what happened to your Holy Grail gardenia leather perfume..(The last mod I got was quite lovely)..*off to check made by blog*

9:17 PM EST  
Blogger asdfadsf said...

It really is an incredible one.

6:22 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll put this in my next samples order from luckyscent. But I just ordered a batch of samples from Aedes so I'll have to wait a while.
...and it looks like luckyscent doesn't have samples, but the Perfumed Court does.

3:58 AM EST  
Blogger Martin said...

Well, because of this review I just broke my promise not to buy any more bottles (I'm as a matter of fact selling parts of my collection). I'm a huge fan of CdG but 2 Man has never been one I really clicked with. I had Gucci PH earlier, so the need to get a similar wasn't there.

The Gucci is long gone and the last few weeks I've hugged a small sample of 2 Man I've had in my drawer for years, satisfying whatever cravings I have for woods. Your review did the trick. As soon as I finished reading I ordered a bottle.

7:54 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Linda,
Thank you :-)

9:29 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
LOL, but, you know, that is a healthier attitude, I think

9:30 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Lavanya
I chose as a final mod, the one that I liked the most previously

9:30 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Joshua
yes it is

9:30 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

benedictxvii
strange, I think I first sampled it via luckyscent

9:31 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Shifts,
I am so glad! :-) My work here is done then.

9:31 AM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

All true

8:30 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have owned this fragrance for quite a while and it truly is an amazing creation. I'm torn however as to whether I like it better than Odeur 71...another Comme de Garcon favorite of mine. Anyhow, kudos to the author of this posting. I love the witty writing style.

9:48 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home