Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Scents by Alexis Duchess, White Sable and Goddess

By Tom

Last time we covered three of nine of Alexis Karl's delicious perfume oils, today we will look at three more,

Goddess according to Ms. Karl contains vanilla and jasmine. It also has a nuttiness to it that reminds me a bit of Parfumerie Generale's Aomassai, minus what March call the a$$ part. Well, maybe just a touch, but it a very goddessey sort: innocent, Rubensesque and very sexy. The jasmine and citrus cut the sweetness, and although it's not listed I think I smell lily of the valley. Yum.

Duchess is a literal eye-opener, with a rich dark chocolate that smells like of has a hint of both coffee and raspberry before I get the best smelling simulacrum of a fresh pear I've ever run across. If you've been reading my reviews over the past (is it really nearly?) three years here you would think that I would back away making the sign of the cross, but it's by far my favorite of the bunch thus far.

White Sable on the other hand was a miss for me, my skin took it's white flowers and vanilla and made it seem just strange, kind of like the scent of high-end nail polish. Which would make it a great Etat Libre scent, but isn't what I imagine Ms. Karl wanted it to do. I'd love to read how others found it.

Next time, the other three in the package, and a giveaway.

Available at her website, $100/ 1oz, $175/ 2 oz

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Flora said...

Ooh, I am ALL over the Duchess! Serious WANT!

12:31 AM EDT  
Blogger elle said...

Great reviews of these scents! Duchess really is a delicious summer gourmand and, like you, I'm not usually a fan of a pear note in scents. Goddess is one I keep sampling again and again and I'm trying to remember what I thought of the White Sable. Will retry it tonight, but there are only a limited number of white floral scents I care for, so maybe that's why I can't remember it. Hope you review more of her scents!

12:12 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

It's definitely a serious want...

12:12 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

elle-

the last three I have is coming next week.

12:13 PM EDT  
Blogger Tammy said...

You make the Duchess sound very intriuging for sure! All three sound well done, even if not to my taste. (not a gourmand or white floral kinda girl)

7:09 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tammy-

I surprised myself by liking it!

8:58 PM EDT  
Blogger Gator Grad said...

Please enter me in the draw, too!

BTW -- your earlier post made me look up the word "simulacrum"--- your posts are always so educational!

8:06 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home