Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Indulgence by JoAnne Bassett Natural Perfumes

By Tom

Blunda, the Los Angeles store specializing in natural and botanical perfumes hosted JoAnne Bassett this Saturday and I jumped at the chance to meet her. She is of course the perfumer of her own house, combining a love of botanicals and aromatics with a firm knowledge of the basics of fine French perfumery. I'd always been impressed with her French, Divine, and Royal collections; they all manage the feat of being almost impossibly suave using the structure of classic perfumery, but with ingredients that seem garden-fresh.

Her new scent Indulgence, was there. I copied the notes from her onto my iPhone: (an aside- you can email your notes to yourself to cut and paste later. Whee!)
Top notes: lime lavender Clementine blood Orange
Middle: cabbage rose tuberose neroli ylang-ylang nutmeg cardamom palarosa
Base: frankincense vanilla Mysore sandalwood
On me the citrus is silky-smooth and underscored by the lavender, the flowers subtle and the creamy vanilla drydown accented by the woods and frankincense, The other notes don’t seem to completely disappear on me, they only add depth. I wrote about this effect in an earlier review of Miss Dior, comparing it to a Fugue. Indulgence is a symphony.

JoAnne also does private fragrance consultation, and I one day hope to indulge myself in that luxury..

Available at Her Website

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous lady jane grey said...

Hm, citrus plus lavander - sounds mutually exclusive to me. I have to sniff!!

3:05 AM EDT  
Anonymous JoAnne Bassett said...

Thank you Tom for a wonderful review. Thank you Marina for your perfume blog venue. Always interesting to read.

My Indulgence fragrance will be posted to www.JoAnneBassett.com later. It is available today on my Etsy joannebassett shop.

Enjoy! JoAnne

11:40 AM EDT  
Blogger elle said...

This sounds absolutely beautiful! And I love the idea of scents as fugues or symphonies.

1:01 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

jane-

they really compliment one another

1:15 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

JoAnne-

It was a pleasure!

1:17 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

elle-

these are really nice and it's a good thing that it this day of regulations that there are people like her to give us the good stuff..

1:19 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm swooning...and I want it. Or the Divine stuff. How do I get it from here? www.JoAnneBassett.com?

2:54 PM EDT  
Blogger JoAnne Bassett said...

You can get the Divine Essence collection at www.JoAnneBassett.com. Then go to Etsy -joannebassett and view the options for Indulgence. Then send me an email to include the size you would like.

Thank you.

JoAnne

3:11 PM EDT  
Anonymous Flora said...

Sounds just delicious to me, a perfect summer fragrance!

3:53 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

d- it's a lovely summer frag!

5:16 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, sounds just perfect. There is a certain kind of lavender that I can't resist and others that I can't wear. This sounds like a fabulous invention!

5:22 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

quinn-

it's a very nice lavender, not obtrusive at all. The whole thing is smoooooth.

5:47 PM EDT  
Anonymous mens womens perfume said...

Scents as fugues or symphonies ..the idea is magnificent.

6:01 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home