Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Il Profumo Nuda

By Marina

The inspiration for Nuda comes from "the scent that only the skin of a woman can exhale in its state of ecstasy. (L'ispirazione è data dall'odore che solo la pelle di Donna sa emanare nel suo stato di estasi.)" Alrighty then. I have to tell you that I smelled the fragrance first and only afterward looked at the description...and now I wonder if, after reading it, I am even comfortable to voice the image that came to my mind upon smelling Nuda.

Because, reader, to me it smelled child-like. There are certain musks, which have a slightly powdery, clean yet warm characteristic, with, strange as it sounds, a saliva-like undertone that I find interesting and appealing. And whenever I smell a musk like that I think, "a small child", or more precisely, that special place on a small child's neck, right under the plump little chin- the sweetest place to smell and to kiss.

As the fragrance develops on skin, it becomes somewhat more woody, slightly spicy (ginger) and powdery, and a baby grows into a little girl who is playing dress up with mama's makeup. There is a certain innocence about Nuda that I find endlessly appealing. Try it for yourself and let me know whether you will get the ecstasy of Il Profumo's description or the puerility of mine.

Available at First in Fragrance, €119,00 for 100ml.

Labels:

21 Comments:

Anonymous Tamara said...

I know of what you speak.
Having four daughters, yes I do.
I think that maybe I would like it since none of them are that tiny anymore. (sigh..) Precious times those were. You are a artist with the words you write and the images it forms in my mind, just like how perfume can conjure up such feelings and memories. I love this blog. Thank you<3

3:03 AM EDT  
Blogger Pimpinett said...

I know that smell too, and it's a lovely one. Will be interesting in trying this, purplish ad copy or no.

4:31 AM EDT  
Anonymous zazie said...

Some of your reviews are magical.
Now, I want to try Nuda.
I also want to try another Nuda named fragrance - from Nasomatto, soon to be released.
At first I thought your post was referring to that one, the only Nuda I knew about. But since you didn't mention jasmine, I read the post more carefully and saw this alluring fragrance was from Il Profumo.
I foresse trademark battels...or at least a lot of confusion!

6:47 AM EDT  
Anonymous RusticDove said...

Oh that picture! *Sigh* If this fragrance can bring back the magical days when my children were adorably toddling around, I'm in. I'll have to get my hands on some. :-)

9:08 AM EDT  
Blogger Dixie said...

What a heart grabbing picture!

9:16 AM EDT  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Lovely, M!

11:11 AM EDT  
Blogger ScentScelf said...

I read this earlier this morning, but had to leave and come back. Just like I did the first time I read "The Runaway Bunny"...picked it up in the store, seeing if it would be good for my new son's burgeoning book collection...and put it back on the shelf, with tears in my eyes. "Neither one of us are ready for that yet," I said to my mom. "Maybe for his first birthday."

The top of the head was my spot, but I know just what you mean.

But I have to go to Europe to recapture a memory of my child? Sigh. I guess I'll focus on Profumo's copy, which doesn't ring my bell in the way they intend, until Nuda comes closer.

1:52 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great photograph - where did it come from?

8:05 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

I have to be very careful with powdery perfumes, because they do just that; they turn into baby powder or at least have that young innocence to them. Nuda sounds nice, but probably not my thing!

11:30 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Tamara,
Four! How wonderful!! :)

8:05 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Karin,
The question is, would you get that smell from this scent, or am I nuts :)

8:05 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Zazie,
Funny things is, I was convinced I was trying Nasomatto too, then saw it was Il Profumo.

8:06 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

RusticDove,
Do try it and let me know if it brings you there too, or if it is in fact, "ecstatic" .:)

8:07 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Dixie,
Yes, so lovely

8:07 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Alyssa,
Thank you.

8:08 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Shelley,
Top of the head too, but only in very small children :)
Doesn't some company here carry Il Profumo? Luckyscent? Samples at Perfumed Court?

8:09 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Anonymous,
I wish I knew, saved it without any name. If someone knows, please tell me.

8:10 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Donna,
It is not too powdery, just a tad.

8:10 AM EDT  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Marina and ScentSelf--Luckyscent has Il Profumo, and an SA at Bendel's said they might be picking up the line as well.

Also: in Natalie Angier's book, "Woman: An Intimate Geography," she says that spot on the top of a baby's head gives off the feel-good hormone oxytocin, a "bonding" hormone which is, if I'm remembering correctly, also partly responsible for that cuddly flush of post-coital bliss.

So you see, Marina? You are just a genius. Not puerile in the least...

12:41 PM EDT  
Anonymous Marian said...

"The smell of child's neck"- one of my favorite fragrances in the world. I don't think I'm going to try the perfume, because it can't possibly live up to your beautiful description.

1:27 PM EDT  
Anonymous natural cosmetics said...

This should be a lovely smell.And a very newly conceptualized also.Usually they are derived from floral and fruit smells...as I thought.

11:03 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home