Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Keeping it clean: 10 Corso Como


By Tom

Well, summer finally arrived in Los Angeles. It was 97 degrees in Beverly Hills at 1pm which meant that the pursuit of AC was key. Luckily the MTA bus is usually arctic, unlike the AC on my poor Honda which is more of a slightly cooler breeze. Hopping from department store to coffee house was the order of the day, and I will be happy (ish) to return to work on Monday.

In the midst of sniffing at Barneys I came across 10 Corso Como, which I had never tried. I'm a big fan of woody fragrances and own several, and this might have to become one of them. It's sandalwood, but not the fizzy, slightly boozy kind that Lutens uses. The frankincense, musk and oud make it slightly smutty, the geranium, rose and vetiver adds a touch of clean soapiness. There's not a huge amount of development here and there needn't be. The opening is such a delight that I don't want it to change. Ever.

10 Corso Como is available in perfume, solid perfume (that you can take traveling!), bath oil, and other products that make me wonder why other houses don't do this? At Barneys and Luckyscent. I tested at Barneys in the hours I minutely examined every item in the store while sucking up their excellent AC.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger tmp00 said...

Of course, the fact that I write in advance fangs me in the butt. It was 97 when I wrote this (and 113 the next day) but in the 60's and raining the day today. I wore this again and can state that it's good in both extremes.

12:07 AM EDT  
Blogger Tama said...

Hahaha - I was gonna say, I thought it was raining in LA today.

I'll have to see if my Barney's has this - it's one that I see the name of over aad over but have never tried. It sounds pretty great.

2:46 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom: I've had this one for years and it is truly wonderful.

Marsha

8:46 AM EDT  
Blogger Lorelie said...

I love 10CC--discovered it only last year and although it doesn't get much 'airplay' it's one of my favorites.

9:01 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tama-

It is pretty great!

7:29 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Masha-

I don't know why I never tried it before..

7:30 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Lorelie-

I don't know why it doesn't get more love..

7:30 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't herd of this perfume, I'll have to get me a sample of it!!

Dolce and Gabbana Perfume

7:34 PM EDT  
Anonymous Marian said...

Frederic Malle is coming to Barneys today to debut his candle collection. I will definately check out 10 Corso Como while I"m there! Now I'm curious to compare this sandalwood to the Lutens one.

9:33 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Marian-

I'd love to read whether you liked it or not.

7:07 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

This is one of those scents that is always right, anytime. I know it's meant to be a masculine, but that never stopped me!

(WV: hystess. Is that like a panicky hostess?)

1:08 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Donna-

I think these woody ones are completely unisex. I'm sure this loves you back!

2:04 PM EDT  
Anonymous eleven european mystics said...

Still smiling, like I usually do after reading your posts, I allow myself to ask what is your opinion on Aki by Tann Rokka...I used to wear it, one dear English winter. It had more patchouli than I desired, but had that sandalwood fiend...CC, how would it compare to Aki?

5:33 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

EEM-

I love Aki but think it would have been like wearing a parka on the day I tested the Corso Como. It might have killed me. You're correct that Aki has much more patch; I do like it in cooler weather. A lot.

11:17 AM EDT  
Anonymous EEM said...

The parka ...yes, Aki is fantastic in cool weather, not the one I usually live in. Unpretentious as it is elegant, so sensual it can leave behind all strenuous efforts at 'faking' sensual. It waits in my wardrobe for those few weeks of winter we have round these areas (and then it has to compete with some other beauties). Given my affinity with your taste (until now...I bought Filles en Aiguilles because of you, unsniffed, and I admire it, and Dandelion by CB, and it makes me happy), I'll make someone abroad buy me a 10CC, and send it to me, after I send them the money. It is no little thing to get hold of some things if you're Here.

4:57 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home