Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Smoking: Mona di Orio Vanille

By Tom

Vanille is part of the Nombre d'Or collection from this year that somehow I managed not to investigate despite the fact that it contains ingredients that should have called me from across the room. There's vanilla of course, and this is the rich version, not thin and boozy, but plush. Well, plush and boozy, since there are also a goodly shot of spicy rum in there. There's none listed, but I smell tobacco in there as well, leafy and woody.

"Rich" and "plush" are the adjectives that keep coming up in my head. "Strong" is another one; I would dab this one instead of spraying unless you seriously want to be smelled. I mean, I'd follow the person wearing this anywhere, but potential office-mates might not feel the same way, so go steadily or save the whole affair for, well, an affair. Yes, it's fine for a man or a woman. I'd wear it in a heartbeat. 

$190 for 100ML (ouch!) at Luckyscent, where I asked for a sample.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger YellerKitty said...

I loved vanilla for the longest, but it seemed to just be so everywhere, it was like living over a bakery -- wonderful at first but ultimately tiring. But THIS?! It sounds brilliant, tempering the sweetness of the vanilla with tobacco and rum and then dragging it through 'something' ... (oakmoss, perhaps? that would work beautifully, I bet). I'm going to have to find this somewhere and try it, oh, yes, I certainly am going to have to do that.

12:25 AM EDT  
Blogger Tama said...

I jumped on a split of this unsniffed and am anxiously awaiting it. Everything says I have to like this one!

2:58 AM EDT  
Anonymous Flora said...

Sounds REALLY good, but also somewhat similar to Havana Vanille maybe? Any resemblance?

3:58 PM EDT  
Anonymous Judith said...

I would love to read a comparison to Havane Vanille by someone more experienced or gifted in writing than I am!

2:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home