Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Harvest: Jardin du Poete by Eau d'Italie

By Tom

You cannot put this on without smiling.

Bertrand Duchafour is the nose behind this new scent, which Marina describes as "sumptuous, soulful, summery deliciousness". It's a summer salad of sweet oranges and tart grapefruit served with basil and dressed with pepper and a touch of sweet immortelle served to you in a garden smelling of hay, lily of the valley and sunshine-dappled roses. 

 It has surprising depth and richness for what could have been a fleeting scent, with a wonderful vetiver/musk drydown that kept my wrist near my nose all day. Best of all is the fact that when you turn the bottle over there's a big warning label on it cautioning one not to spray it on your self (or some such language) which says to me that they're saying "sc$#w you Perfume Police, I'm using the real deal"

If that's the case then for that alone they deserve an award.

$140 for 100ML at LuckyScent, where I sampled.

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Ines said...

I love this perfume and the your review. :)
Freshness for the summer in a bottle (and I need one for myself).

3:38 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see warning labels instead of IFRA-style material whacking! They were going at naturals like a rabid weed-eater, and warning labels are such a common-sense, low-tech alternative. Woot, woot!
-Marla

6:58 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, the nose-thumbing to the Perfume Police! what a wonderful idea.

Have not loved a single Eau d'Italie, and this one doesn't seem any more to my taste, but I approve of the labeling.

11:32 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Ines-

Thanks!

12:32 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Marla-

I totally agree!

12:32 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

muse, even if I hated it I'd approve too!

12:33 PM EDT  
Blogger Doc Elly said...

You've got to love that warning label! I think that's the logical response to all of the IFRA silliness.

I've been wanting to try Jardin du Poete, and now I must.

2:05 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i respect this line, but the only one i've fallen for thus far is paestum rose (great, chilly rose and incense and old, cold stone scent). you make this sound tempting enough to try, though, so i suppose i must! if the only shop with this line bothers to order it. they have been slow on new releases lately.

cheers,
minette

2:33 PM EDT  
Anonymous lady jane grey said...

Sounds lovely, Tom! - read your review and ordered a decant of it (vetiver - what a bliss)

4:16 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Doc Ely-

I laughed out loud!

6:10 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

minette-

I think it's brand new. And I'm not a huge fan of the rest of these, but this one really piqued me.

6:11 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

lady jane-

I hope you like it! I can imagine that it will cut the heat (you're back Eat right?)

6:12 PM EDT  
Anonymous maggiecat said...

Thanks a lot Tom! Now there's another scent I really want to try! So much for my newly austere budget...But then, it good scents are cheaper than prozac in the long run.

11:56 AM EDT  
Anonymous Flora said...

This one sounds like it's right up my alley and I love the warning label. Any perfume company that thumbs their well-trained noses at IFRA/EU gets my vote!

4:08 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

maggiecat- they certainly are!

9:06 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

donna-

me too!

9:07 PM EDT  
Blogger indieperfumes said...

Lovely, so glad to hear this is good, BD has done it again it seems. Will try.

2:03 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Lucy-

I hope you like it~

8:32 PM EDT  
Anonymous perfumes said...

I love the citrus and the zesty aroma of that suddenly comes at you. I just like it a lot.

5:58 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home