Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, May 09, 2013

More About Musk..

By Tom

I like musk. I've written about several scents in the past that feature it, from the down n' drrty to the most angelic and airy. This can lead to mishaps, such as Sunday when I got on the bus and a lady moved away from me. I had forgotten that I had given myself a decent jolt from my decant of JAR Fermez Tes Yeux earlier thinking I wasn't going out, but realized that it was going to rain and I needed to get some food. I looked like Prince Preppie, but probably smelled like a zombie to her. Oh well..

So I have a bunch of them. Most of them, even the ones that will clear a bus I feel end of sort of warm and snuggly on me. Muscs Kublai Kahn is one that I know people shy away from as barbarian-in-a-bottle but I adore it. Annick Goutal Musk Nomade is like a veil of heaven and Strange Invisible Perfumes Musc Botanique is delightfully deranged.

So there are many musks out there- what are your favorites?

Image: Galaxolide, a polycyclic musk commonly found in laundry detergents to mask the smell of the detergent chemicals. From Wikipedia.

14 Comments:

Blogger Tama said...

I'm kind of anosmc to some musks so I'm scared to wear the heavy hitters like MKK for fear I will unwittingly clear a room via over-application. I did recently fall for Lutens Clair de Musc, which I lovely powdery goodness.

2:16 AM EDT  
Blogger Sujaan said...

I have warmed up to musk. My favorite recently is Sonoma Scent Studio Sienna Musk. Have you tried it?
You have me curious about the Goutal.

6:21 AM EDT  
Blogger Katie Puckrik said...

Tom, Bruno Acampora Musc is my poison. And I have the odd dalliance with Keihl's Original Musk Oil.

6:36 AM EDT  
Blogger SML said...

I love Musc Ravageur oil, now sadly discontinued. I like the edp, too, but not quite as much.

9:19 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like MKK and Musc Tonkin, but I never really wear them out of the house. Musc Ravageur is also a favorite. I have a sample of Musc Nomade but I haven't smelled it in a while.. Need to dig it out.

I also did the putting on Ferme tes Yeux thinking I wouldn't be going out thing. I put on some from a sample but ended up with more than I wanted because a little bit spilled. Then I went in the kitchen and discovered my cats were out of food. So I went and fumigated the nearest Kroger. Luckily it was after midnight so there weren't too many people around. But as soon as I walked into the store and passed by the self-checkout, a lady I passed at one of the registers started coughing loudly and I had to wonder if that was a coincidence. lol

2:30 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gaiac 10 Le Labo is my absolute fave, I get my 100ml bottle refilled twice a year, nothing wears like this under a suit, it's the only scent I wear to work.

2:09 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tama- I love Clair de Musc, but I don't think it's sold in America anymore. Too bad.

11:25 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Sujaan-

I've not tried it, but I am noting it. Thanks!

11:26 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Katie-

I loooove Kiehl's. Bruno Acampora kind of went sour on me.

Portia Turbo was so upset that she didn't meet you while she was in Los Angeles. Especially since I rubbed it in how cute and funny and fabulous you are..

11:28 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

SML-

They dropped that! Crap! I loved it! Grrrrr..

11:28 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Jennifer-

I know exactly what you mean. I can't tell if the lady just moved (she did more than once) or if she wanted to get the he&& away from me..

11:30 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

John P-

Marry me.

11:31 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

MKK sends me running for the hills (though it smells quite sexy on some people)...I much prefer the softer, ambrette musks to the animalic, cumin-heavy, armpit musks (though I admit they are fun to test). I was a Skin Musk girl when I was growing up, so that might explain it.
Cheers,
Tara

4:08 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tara-

It helps that my skin tames most musks and kills cumin.

12:55 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home