Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, May 02, 2013

Rerun: Vero Profumo Kiki, Onda and Rubj EDP

By Tom

Going through my sample collections I ran across these, which reminded me how great they are. So I am re-running my original review of the pre-release versions that first appeared in February of 2010

At PST both Colombina and I are huge fans of perfumers Vero Kern's fragrances. They're beautiful, rich, full-on fragrances yet they aren't in any way retro or trying-too-hard-to-be-cutting-edge. I had heard that she was working on EdP versions of these signature scents and when she offered to let me try them I jumped at the chance.

In an email she wrote:

The Eaux need a different structure by pointing out more the top notes and less on the base always by still respecting the original style of the Extraits.

I've simplified the whole composition. I also replaced the heavy animal notes by the unique scent of PASSION FRUIT which I love very much and which gives the creations a certain erotic readiness.

Onda EdP is recognizably Onda, just a little lighter and a little less challenging. For instance Onda I don't think I'd wear to an office in full perfume strength, but the lighter concentration I would certainly; the passion fruit is a stroke of genius. It's not too fruity, it just cuts some of the smokiness.

Kiki EdP loses nothing in the translation. It's still a gorgeous lavender with the undertone of mango fruitiness now laid with the passionfruit instead of the musk, but still having that wonderful skin scent aspect.

Rubj EdP is based upon a scent I wrote of as innocent and shockingly sensual. The combination of the passionfruit and orange blossom conspires to be flat-out sexy with what I think is a bare whiff of cumin: just a touch. Is there "erotic readiness"? You betcha. rubj perfume is the version I'd wear to the office; the EdP is the version I'd wear out on a date- one where I planned to serve desert at home. Personally.

Available now st LuckyScent. Rubj and Kiki are $220 for 50ML, Onda is $220. My samples came from Vero Kern.

Image: Luckyscent

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oooo running now to my bottle of rubj edp to spritz for evening scent. It's shockingly warm here today in sf (don't laugh, 70 at the beach at 6pm is unheard of). Perfect for some Rubj edp, a little Italian vino, watching the surfers catch their last waves of the day. Perfection. Thanks for reminding me of this little jewel.

9:18 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

It was in the 80's here today, so I can see it..

10:56 PM EDT  
Blogger perfumehk said...

its smell so amazing. love this perfume.
Parfums

10:52 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

I just received a little bit of Rubj from a friend. It's not at all what I expected but it's marvelous!

10:50 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home