Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Le Labo Ylang 49

By Tom

By and Large I like the fragrances from Le Labo. Some of the marketing I could do without (the expiration dates for instance) but on the whole I've loved the scents. So the other day when I was in the neighborhood I popped in to Barneys and sauntered over to the Le Labo counter. I noticed Ylang 49 and remembered that I hadn't tested it.

Ylang 49 is flat out gorgeous. Lovers of white flowers will be very happy here: after a rather astringent oakmoss blast in the beginning, the gardenia and ylang start to come to the front. Then I start to get the incense and at it's base it has that wonderful Le Labo sandalwood/Benzoin thing going on. The only downside is that for me the lasting power is only average: 6 hours or so. But that's a reason to re-apply, right?

I usually wouldn't wear a white flower scent because I usually find them overpowering, but applied sparingly it really whispers. My Scent Twin also loves this one and I love to smell it on her. I can imagine on a woman (who could get away with heavier application) it would be absolute heaven.

Luckily, this is one of the "classic" collection so if you have a Le Labo counter or store nearby, you can get it. My samples were from Barneys and the Le Labo store on 3rd Street.

Image: Barneys

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home